On October 3 & 4, 2020, End The Telethon hosted a blog weekend as part of the protest against the return of the MDA telethon. Some activists wrote new posts about the harm that MDA and the telethon cause to all disabled people, especially those with neuromuscular disabilities. Some republished old posts from the heydays of the Jerry Lewis telethon. The posts were shared across social media with the hashtag #EndTheTelethon.
2020 #EndTheTelethon Blogs
- My FEDup™Rant: The Top 5 Reasons Girl Scouts Are Better at Fundraising Than the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s (MDA) Telethon
- The Disabled Community Doesn’t Want Your Pity
- A Crip in Philanthropy: Stuff I Know As a Fundraiser Who Has Muscular Dystrophy and Why It’s (Past) Time for MDA to #EndTheTelethon
- Why the return of the Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon is unwelcome news
- Jerry Lewis Can Suck My…
- Dear Kevin Hart, The MDA is Heartless
- WHY I DON’T SUPPORT THE MDA TELETHON
- Stop MDA & #EndTheTelethon Now!
- Smart Ass Cripple: Muscular Dystrophy Telethon Should Stay Dead
- This #NDEAM, Let’s #Consent to #EndTheTelethon and Dismantle the Charity Model – Again
- #EndTheTelethon 2020
- Jerry Lewis’ Unforgivable Harm to Young People